Did you know that certain consumer goods go on sale during specific months of the year? If you plan your shopping for anything from home items to clothing and electronics based on these sale patterns you can save up to 50% on most of what you need.
Here are the best items to buy in January:
- Wrapping paper: Expect slashed prices on gift wrap, holiday cards and Christmas decorations in the weeks following the holidays. Pick these up at discounted prices and put them away for next year.
- Bed linens: Retailers offer deep discounts on linens during white sales in January. This tradition began in the late 1800s as a way to help drum up business during a slow sales period, and has continued ever since. You can save up to 50% off on bed linens, towels and even blankets in January, so pick out the nice stuff.
- Computers: Starting in January, keep an eye on computer and monitor prices as stores offer discounts on last-year models to prepare for the upcoming release of the newest tech products.
- Activewear: This is the best time to get back in shape as retailers capitalize on the post-holiday fitness craze by offering an average of 33% off activewear.
- Furniture: Different furniture items go on sale at different times of the year, but January is a great time to pick up any type of furniture on clearance. Most furniture companies release new products in February and August, which means sweet deals are available early in the year.