Who said financial education has to be all serious and boring?
You’re invited to join Jen on her journey to understand everything there is to know about money. And we are doing it in a way that entertains while educating. Using animation allows us to explain complex topics simply and in a memorable way while leaving a smile on your face.
- Banks vs credit unions: 8 things to consider when choosing where to bank
- What makes credit unions unique
- Why you should care about compound interest
- What does your credit score mean?
- Top 4 credit score myths debunked
- What are all those deductions and taxes on my paycheque?
- 4 things to know before taking out student loans
- Watch your debit card and credit card duke it out
- Lease vs finance: understand your car-buying options
- Your intro to investing: stocks, bonds and mutual funds
- How mortgage rates work
- Advice from Grandma on the RRSP and TFSA
- 6 tips for achieving budgeting bliss
- 5 sneaky expenses to keep on your radar
- How to read your credit report in 5 easy steps
- 4 tips to help you budget for moving out
- Questions every renter should ask
- 6 steps to building an emergency fund
- Tips for tidying your financial documents
- How to build a debt repayment plan
- 8 scams you need to know about
- How to spot an email phishing scam
- Why smart people fall for scams
- 5 places you’re super vulnerable to identity theft
- 5 easy things you can do right now to prevent identity theft
It’s a Money Thing is a financial education series supported by Vancity and many other credit unions across North America.