Did you know that certain consumer goods go on sale during specific months of the year? If you plan your shopping for anything from home items to clothing and electronics based on these sale patterns you can save up to 50% on most of what you need.
Here are a few of the best items to buy in October:
1) Jeans: This is the best time to purchase jeans as even brand names can be marked down by about 50% after the back to school rush has passed. These huge discounts usually disappear in November, so you’ll have to act fast.
2) Cookware: Holiday deals start pretty early, and cookware is one of the more popular items that you’ll find on sale this season. Cutlery, pots and pans are all available for great deals before the Christmas shopping rush starts in November.
3) Gas grills and air conditioners: Stores are trying to clear out their summer inventory and make room for their fall and winter items, so grills and air conditioners will be available at significant discounts. As we drift into the cold season, you can generally pick up summer staples for less.
4) Toys and games: Again, the Christmas sales start early at children’s toy stores and will continue through most of the holiday season. The closer you get to the holidays, the better the deals.
5) Patio furniture: Patio furniture in October? At this time of year patio furniture may not be high on your shopping list but it should be. Now that the outdoor season’s really wrapping up you’ll find the best prices. You might find items for up to 70% off this month.