Whether you are spending V-Day with your partner, bestie, child or parents, you can easily sweeten their day with a simple Valentine’s dessert.
It doesn’t really matter what you have for dinner. The Valentine’s meal is just like most romantic comedies—it doesn’t matter if the movie meal has any substance; it’s really all about the sweet ending!
Here are 5 easy to make Valentine’s desserts to show your love:
- Chocolate bar fondue. Have a stash of leftover Christmas chocolate? This fondue is an easy to make dessert. Serve with fresh fruit, pretzels, cookies or marshmallows.
- Forgotten cookies. These magical meringue cookies can be made in minutes and baked overnight in a warmed oven. Sprinkle with heart-shaped confetti or serve with strawberries and cream. Either way, your loved ones will not feel forgotten with these special bites.
- The best chocolate brownies. Chocolate is the language of love (at least in my books)—and these homemade brownies will make anyone swoon. Make it a dessert by topping with berries and whipped cream. This is the only brownie recipe you will ever need.
- Simple berry fool. Made with whipped cream or yogurt, this simple dessert highlights whatever fresh berries you choose to use.
- Unbaked cheesecake. This is perfect for those who abstain from chocolate. Simplicity reigns despite how decadent this tastes. Make the cookie base in the recipe, or buy a graham or chocolate cookie pie base. Or make it in ramekins over a single cookie and serve with fresh-cut fruit, fruit compote or a fruit-pie filling.